Politico’s Weekly Score reports that House Democrats still have some major recruitment holes:
- IA-03: “there’s no strong Democratic candidate there yet…”
- FL-13: “Two little-known candidates have filed against Luna, one of which only did so earlier this month.”
- FL-27: “No prominent Democrats have yet announced a campaign against Salazar.”
- WI-01: “all three Democrats who have filed have dismal fundraising hauls. Two have not raised any money yet, and the other has only brought in $5,000 since joining the race in August.”
They didn’t even mention Democrats’ other major recruitment holes:
- NY-01: No serious challenger has emerged against LaLota.
- VA-02: Missy Cotter Smasal entered the race over a month ago and isn’t lighting the world on fire.
And let’s not forget all the rejects and reruns who are running, some of their worst in:
- CA-13: Sleazy Career Politician Adam Gray,
- CA-22: Lying Rudy Salas
- TX-15: Radical Michelle Vallejo
- OR-05: Bay Area Liberal Extremist Jamie McLeod-Skinner
On top of their recruitment woes, the DCCC just added two more Democrats, Reps. Vicente Gonzalez (TX-34) and Dina Titus (NV-01), to its Frontline incumbent program, signaling that Republicans aren’t “delusional” after all.
“It’s no wonder House Democrats are struggling to find solid recruits,” said CLF Communications Director Courtney Parella. “Look no further than their historically unpopular President and Vice President, their toxic liberal agenda that’s costing families thousands, and their crime and migrant crises overrunning blue cities and states.”