Pelosi wanted to “rebalance” police funding. Then crime surged in her backyard – and beyond.
Crime is exploding in major cities all across America after a year of calls from Democrats to slash police budgets. From New York to Chicago to Minneapolis and beyond, rampant increases in crime are overwhelming major cities with profound consequences.
Take Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s own backyard of San Francisco. Last year, Speaker Pelosi was at the front of the defund line, calling to “rebalance our funding” away from police departments. San Francisco, in turn, cut police budgets $120 million. And what are the effects? In just the last few weeks…
- Looters ransacked Neiman Marcus in broad daylight
- Target had to shorten hours in SF due to an “alarming rise” in theft and safety concerns
- Viral footage showed a shoplifter casually robbing Walgreens in plain view
- Now, Walgreens has announced they’re closing 17 stores in the Bay area ~permanently~ due to rising crime
- Video showed a mother was robbed at gunpoint in her own garage with 2 children in the backseat
- Business groups now warn rampant crime is threatening the city’s tourism industry
- Crime gotten so bad polls say 40% of San Francisco residents are considering moving out of town due to safety concerns
- And San Francisco still can’t even hire the 400 additional officers it needs to get it under control
Speaker Pelosi and Democrats put the far-left’s demands over the American people’s safety – and now we’re all paying the price.
“Nancy Pelosi wanted to ‘rebalance’ funding away from police departments and now we’re seeing the effects: out of control crime from coast to coast,” said CLF Communications Director Calvin Moore. “Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats set the course for this dangerous rise in crime and made it clear they cannot be trusted to keep Americans safe.”