Congressional Leadership Fund (@CLFSuperPAC), the super PAC endorsed by House Republican leadership, released a new video highlighting its efforts to protect and strengthen the House Republican majority during the 2017 special elections. CLF invested over $10 million combined in all four special elections, making it the biggest outside spender. Further, in Montana and Georgia, CLF was the first outside entity to enter each race and run full-fledged campaigns, which included robust mail and field programs. CLF’s efforts and resources coupled with the respective campaigns, RNC, NRCC, Chamber of Commerce, and America First Policies scored four Republican victories.
“CLF is proud to have played a decisive role as part of a team effort to define and defeat Democrats to protect the House Republican majority. A Democrat now stands for someone who complains about the President, supports tax increases and loses elections,” said Corry Bliss, CLF Executive Director. “As we look to 2018, CLF’s efforts have already kicked off with 12 offices currently open and staffed in competitive districts across the country. CLF will continue building on this success to ensure Democrats dissolve into further irrelevance, especially with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi at the helm.”
Breakdown of CLF’s efforts:
– Invested over $7 million on television, radio and digital advertising, as well as a robust field operation and mail campaign.
– Flooded the airwaves with 14 ads in the Atlanta media market
– Field team included 135 door knockers targeting 400,000 doors in total, and sent over 550,000 mail pieces
– $2.7 million independent expenditure campaign, included a robust, targeted statewide ground game
– Ran 5 ads, included television, radio and online, in the Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Helen and Missoula media markets
– Team of 50 door knockers targeted 100,000 doors, and made over 110,000 calls
KS-04 and SC-05
– Over 120,000 GOTV live calls made to voters
– Hyper-targeted to conservative voters