CLF staff and over 2,000 volunteers knocked on doors and phone banked; surpassing voter contact goal
WASHINGTON – Congressional Leadership Fund (@CLFSuperPAC), the super PAC endorsed by House Republican leadership, announced it exceeded its goal of 300,000 voter contacts during its second “Super Saturday” reaching 323,017 voters in a single day. The efforts, led by CLF field staff and over 2,000 volunteers, included knocking doors and making calls to engage and build relationships with voters in key districts. A complete list of field offices can be viewed here.
“Seven months before the midterm elections and CLF contacted 323,017 voters throughout 31 key congressional districts in one day. This successful Super Saturday demonstrates that CLF’s hyper-targeted, data-driven ground game has been in full effect since February 2017 and will be an effective tool in maintaining the Republican majority in 2018,” said Corry Bliss, CLF Executive Director. “As we get closer to Election Day, our team will continue to engage with voters and share how their member of Congress is working on their behalf.”
- In February 2017, CLF took the unprecedented step as a super PAC to implement a national field program focused on building relationships with voters about their top issues.
- CLF has opened 31 field offices and made over 8 million voter contacts to date.
- Every district has a unique, full-fledged campaign. To begin, CLF commissions a microdata survey to identify voters’ top local issues and guide all messaging used in literature and digital ads.
- The survey also helps identify a universe of approximately 50,000- 80,000 voters who will determine this year’s election, which CLF immediately begins to engage online, over the phone and at their doorstep.
- Offices are supported by a full-time staffer and hundreds of interns and volunteers who engage with voters on a daily basis through hyper-targeted phone banking and door-to-door canvassing.
- By building relationships early to earn voters’ trust and understand their concerns, CLF aims to win the narrative among those key voters in targeted districts.