Initial Round of TV, Digital & Ground Game in Congressional Districts Nationwide
WASHINGTON – The Congressional Leadership Fund (@CLFSuperPAC), the super PAC endorsed by House Republican leadership, today announced its first wave of general election spending. CLF will begin by allocating $10 million to 12 of the top competitive House races across the country.
The initial independent expenditures include nearly $7.4 million in broadcast and cable television advertising reservations. CLF will supplement this TV buy with robust online advertising campaigns. Partnering with 0ptimus and Deep Root, CLF is utilizing data analytics programs to help advertising buys reach voters more accurately and efficiently. Additionally, CLF will initiate new ground game operations, with $1.5 million slated for districts in California and New York.
“This is the first wave of efficient, strategic ad reservations,” said Mike Shields, President of Congressional Leadership Fund. “We will continue to add to these buys in the coming weeks, including more television advertising, digital advertising, and further ground troop investments. Our historically strong fundraising has put us in a position to not only protect Republicans in tough races, but also to take the fight to Democrats on their turf.”
The first round of spending includes over $3.4 million in districts that are key pick-up opportunities for Republicans: Nebraska’s 2nd District (D-Brad Ashford), California’s 7th District (D-Ami Bera), and Florida’s 18th District (D-open seat).
CLF enters the general election battleground in its strongest position ever, with its largest first round of ad reserves. The spending follows CLF’s record second quarter fundraising, showing strong, growing support for the policy agenda and leadership of Speaker Paul Ryan and House Republicans.
First Round Spending and Launch Dates:
• FL-26: $1,700,000, including TV and digital advertising (October 23)
• CA-07: $1,380,000, including TV advertising (October 11) and door-to-door GOTV activities
• FL-18: $1,320,000, including TV and digital advertising (October 18)
• PA-08: $1,180,000, including TV advertising (October 25)
• NY-24: $800,000, including TV advertising (October 11) and door-to-door GOTV activities
• TX-23: $800,000, including TV advertising (October 25)
• NE-02: $720,000, including TV and digital advertising (October 25)
• WI-08: $600,000, including TV and digital advertising (October 25)
• IA-03: $500,000, including TV and digital advertising (October 25)
• NY-01: $300,000, including door-to-door GOTV activities
• NY-19: $300,000, including door-to-door GOTV activities
• CA-25: $300,000, including door-to-door GOTV activities
Founded in 2011, Congressional Leadership Fund is the super PAC endorsed by House Republican Leadership and dedicated exclusively to preserving and expanding the Republican Majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. CLF, along with its sister organization, 501(c)(4) American Action Network, spent $20 million in independent expenditures on U.S. House races in 2014. CLF and AAN remain the single largest outside conservative spenders on the U.S. House. CLF is an independent-expenditure super PAC that operates independently of any federal candidate or officeholder.