Second Round Brings 2016 Investment to $20.7 Million in 15 Districts, More to Come
WASHINGTON – The Congressional Leadership Fund (@CLFSuperPAC), the super PAC endorsed by House Republican leadership, today announced a $10.7 million second wave of House race spending. The second round brings CLF’s total announced general election spending to date to $20.7 million in 15 congressional races. Additional spending and districts will be announced in the weeks ahead.
“CLF is spending more than it ever has in a general election – and we plan to spend more. This record level of spending reflects CLF’s growing support to ensure that Speaker Ryan and House Republicans have the strongest governing majority possible next Congress,” said Mike Shields, President of Congressional Leadership Fund. “But we’re not done yet. As Democrats across the country continue to struggle with a deeply disliked candidate at the top of the ticket, we will continue holding them accountable for supporting the failed policies of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi.”
CLF’s total 2016 general election spending is now nearly double the super PAC’s total expenditures of 2014 ($11.6 million) and 2012 ($10.7 million). Building off CLF’s strongest entry into the general election battleground, the second wave spending underscores the super PAC’s continued acceleration in fundraising. Additionally, the second round continues to focus on accuracy and efficiency in advertising using data analytics programs from 0ptimus and Deep Root Analytics, as reported by Ad Age.
Second Round Spending Totals:
• Las Vegas: $2,000,000, including TV and digital advertising
• Minneapolis/St. Paul: $1,800,000, including TV and digital advertising
• VA-10: $1,500,000, including TV and digital advertising
• NY-19: Additional $1,300,000 for a total of $1,600,000, including NYC TV, mail, digital advertising and GOTV activities (starting September 13)
• PA-08: Additional $900,000 for a total of $2,100,000, including TV and digital advertising (starting October 25)
• TX-23: Additional $900,000 for a total of $1,700,000, including TV and digital advertising (starting October 11)
• FL-18: Additional $700,000 for a total of $2,000,000, including TV and digital advertising (starting October 4)
• IA-03: Additional $700,000 for a total of $1,200,000, including TV and digital advertising
• NY-01: Additional $600,000 for a total of $900,000, including TV and digital advertising and GOTV activities (starting October 11)
• NE-02: Additional $200,000 for a total of $950,000, including TV and digital advertising (starting October 18)
• CA-07: Additional $100,000 for a total of $1,500,000, including broadcast and cable TV advertising, digital advertising and GOTV activities (October 11)
CLF also previously announced $1,700,000 for TV and digital advertising in FL-26; $800,000 for TV advertising and GOTV activities in NY-24; $600,000 for TV and digital advertising in WI-08; and $300,000 for GOTV activities in CA-25.
Founded in 2011, Congressional Leadership Fund is the super PAC endorsed by House Republican Leadership and dedicated exclusively to preserving and expanding the Republican Majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. CLF, along with its sister organization, 501(c)(4) American Action Network, spent $20 million in independent expenditures on U.S. House races in 2014. CLF and AAN remain the single largest outside conservative spenders on the U.S. House. CLF is an independent-expenditure super PAC that operates independently of any federal candidate or officeholder.