Pelosi’s Indefensible Defense of Ilhan Omar
Nancy Pelosi is doubling down in her defense of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s blatant anti-Semitism, going as far as to wildly proclaim, “I don’t think that the congresswoman [Rep. Ilhan Omar] is anti-Semitic. I wouldn’t even put those in the same category.”
Then what do you say to Omar’s decision to:
- Argue Jewish-Americans can’t be loyal to America?
- Downplay the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 – a day when 3,000 Americans lost their lives — as just a day when “some people did something“?
- Tweet that “Israel has hypnotized the world”?
- Assert that Jews support for Israel, is only “all about the Benjamins“?
- Say Israel is “not a real Democracy” and compare Israel to the south during segregation?
Statement from CLF President Dan Conston: “Nancy Pelosi knows exactly the hate that Ilhan Omar is spewing — she should be ashamed of herself for defending Omar’s blatant anti-Semitism. Ilhan Omar is a bigot who keeps doubling-down with hateful words and obvious anti-Semitic tropes. Democrats need to step up and condemn Omar rather than continuing to safeguard her indefensible views.”